Incipits in Dorico 3

I’m editing some Baroque music, modernising some of the clefs. In Dorico 3, how do I show the original clefs as incipits please? All of my attempted searches in ‘Help’ have failed. There’s apparently nothing under ‘incipit’, ‘prefatory’, ‘preliminary’.

There’s no built-in feature for incipits as yet, but you can use the feature to create a split for a coda to create a gap between the incipit and the first actual bar.

Hi
Bit late to this, but is it possible to create an incipit, say “Cantus” while the main body of music is titled “Soprano”?
Thanks
Steve

In order to show two staff labels on one ‘system’ (and different names at that), you’d have to go slightly more hardcore and create a separate Frame for the incipit. To change the names, either have different players (in a different flow?) for the incipit, or use Section Players and change the staff names using the Divisi feature.
Or just use Text for the Incipit’s staff labels.

FWIW, another reason that a separate frame will often be a good way to go on this is that you can have separate bracketing for the incipit and the modern staves.

Snakeeyes, I love your new signature. cracks me up.

Oh don’t worry, it’s always been like this. It’s not the pandemic that’s robbed me of my ability to take anything in life seriously; it’s that I never had one to begin with :laughing:

(though with regards to the signature, one could easily be forgiven for thinking otherwise; I suppose I am much more of a lurker here than a poster, often responding only to threads that broach the very… boutique… sorts of issues that I run into myself in Dorico)

BTW to the OP: https://www.scoringnotes.com/tutorials/creating-editorial-marks-with-dorico/ This tutorial talks about incipits.