include starting rest in beam group

Hello,

There seem to be no way to have a staring rest be part of the beam group like in the following example :

Will there be an option for this at some point ?
I’m a bit worried that it is not already included in the many available beaming options.

All the best
Yan

You can do this at the moment only if you are also willing to have stemlets, as you may have found. Is using stemlets acceptable to you?

I would, but unfortunately my publisher does not.
They tolerate this notation only if stemlets are not present…

Yan

It might or might not be practical for you to switch on the ‘Use stemlets’ option on the Beam Grouping page of Notation Options, and then shorten the stemlets in Engrave mode by dragging them such that they don’t appear. For the time being, that’s the best solution available.

Do you mind saying who your publisher is?

Ok I will try that.
I’m with Durand, Paris.
I sent you in PM their house rules (following my post named “degrees vs spaces”)

Best
Yan

Hello Daniel

Is there a chance that any progress will be made soon for that beaming issue I’m having ?
Waiting for of few of these issues to come to life before finally using Dorico for my published pieces…

Best
Yan Maresz

I’m sorry to say that this will not be included in the next release of Dorico, but it does remain on our backlog of course, and we plan to implement it.

thanks for the good news !
Yan