Including instrument parts with full score

I would like to request a feature to enable parts to be automatically included with the full score.

Most of my Dorico work is creating books of songs where some of the songs have other instruments. The requirements for a book of songs are very different than for a normal score in that the instrument parts are published in the same book, most frequently at the end but sometimes immediately after each song.

Creating a pdf of the book now requires “combining” the score and the instrument parts in Acrobat. Among other things, assigning page numbers and the table of contents for the instruments can become quite difficult in this scenario.

Thanks!

Ed Roberts

Yes, I agree that it would be helpful to be able to export a single PDF file that contains not only the full score but also all of the part layouts, and this is something we plan to add in a future version.

1 Like

Thanks! I’m happy to hear that this is on the radar.

Just wondering if there is any timeframe for this feature?

In general we don’t announce availability of a feature before we’ve actually implemented it and it’s coming in an imminent release. Only once a feature has been implemented and passed through our testing process can we say for sure that it will be included in the software. We just released a major new update this past week, so there’s nothing much in the can for future updates just yet!

1 Like