Incorrect appearance in figured bass

In a c-minor key sig, n4 is producing #4. There’s a certain logic in in, but not what I want to appear in the figures. Also “n” by itself where I want a natural 3rd is producing a #.

In Note Input I have set inputting to “Follow input literally”. I can’t find any other setting which would affect this.

It seems that I can get a natural sign by putting an exclamation mark before the “n”, but I had thought that the setting in Note Input would mean not having to do that all the time.

But it seems this only works for a natural 6th. I can’t get it to work for a natural 4 or 3.

Could you give me a bit more detail? What notes are you trying to create the figures on? I find that if I type in “n4” with a D selected in C minor I do indeed get a natural 4th. Perhaps if you could attach a short example project I could take a look at your settings?

Hi Richard, the best thing I think is to upload the project. The issue is occurring in Flow 8. If you look at bb1-8 of the harpsichord you’ll see that the 4’s all have a sharp sign, as do the two dominant chords, clearly all these should be naturals.
Fenaroli Partimenti, Bk 2.dorico (1.8 MB)

I think the confusion arises here because you’ve set the Engraving Option for “Calculate accidentals” to “Relative to key signature”. Is that what you actually want? What that means is that a “natural” 4 is “natural (unmodified) for the key”, which in this example (on a bass note of F, in C minor) is a B flat. You should just be able to type in “4,2” for Dorico to interpret this as B flat.

Ah, that solved it, thank you very much!