Incorrect Triggers Shown

This continues to be an issue for me where I open a project that looked fine when I saved and closed it, but when reopened, the Triggers may appear to be wrong. When I open the Song/Part Triggers dialog, they are correct there and if I click in that dialog on each on, the main panel is updated to the correct values, but they likely will appear wrong again when I open the project the next day.

It seems like a cosmetic issue because when I click on a Part, the Timeline locates correctly to 3.1.1 in this example, even though the Trigger looks incorrect showing 2.4.1.

image

To correct the problem, I can click on the Trigger list on each line, collapse the Song, expand it, and then the main Window will appear correct.

It’s a bit random at the moment, Song Two is the problem in this one, but Song 1 was the problem when I first opened the project. I corrected that one, restarted, reopened it, and now Song 2 has the problem.

Please try again with the upcoming version 1.0.30. If the problem still persists thereafter, pls don’t hesitate to let us know, thanks!

Updated to VST Live Pro 1.1 and the error unfortunately still occurs.

Tried to reproduce this quite a while, but to no avail. Created 4 Songs, 3 with 4 Parts each with different trigger times, keep the triggerlist editor open all the time, save, load, change some…all works as expected.
Would you have any receipt how to reproduce this from scratch (new project, add Song…etc), or a project that reveals this? Just the project file (vlsprj) should suffice, no audio or midi etc required. Thank you!

I think i was able to reproduce the error:

  1. Create a new project
  2. Create a song (for example at 120 bpm)
  3. Insert a new track
  4. Create multiple parts
  5. Set triggers for parts
  6. Save project and close
  7. Reopen project
  8. Change Song tempo to 140 BPM (<- I think this is the step that causes the error)
  9. Save project and close
  10. Reopen project
  11. Triggers should be changed/modified

Unfortunately, the system tells me that I am not allowed to upload the file type of the project file.

Edit: All triggers were set to Count 1 in a bar.

Thank you very much. It is much easier to fix a bug with a description like this!
Basically, the bug is purely visual. That is because Part triggers are stored (and restored) in seconds, not beats.
From that point of view, what’s missing is an update of trigger time display in both setlist and trigger list when the tempo is changed. We will fix that with the next version, thanks to your findings.
Now you will probably want to keep the beat positions instead. Triggers were initially designed to be linear time related (as opposed to tempo/beat time), for light control. However from a musical point of view, it makes sense to want the trigger beat positions to stay in place.
We will make this dependent on the display type. If the transport display type is set to beats (as in your case), triggers will be shifted to beat positions as displayed (which will change the seconds position), and vice versa.
Once more, thanks a lot for reporting!

1 Like

You’re welcome :slight_smile: Thank you for the description of the error cause and the perspective that in the future the triggers will be restored depending on the display type in this case.