Increased latency on GA when drum map is on?

Anybody else has this bug?
When instrument track has drum map on it, latency is increased.
It happens only when playing live, with monitoring enabled on track. If there is no drum map on track, GA responds to live input as usual. If drum map is enabled, live input has latency. Notes that are already recorded on midi track play properly. Bug is present only when playing live (monitoring enabled).

1. Make instrument track with GA
  2. make drum map from instrument
  3. play live with enabled monitoring on track - note with increased latency
  4. remove drum map
  5. play live with enabled monitoring on track - no extra latency

Same is if midi is routed from midi track to GA.

I’ve done a bunch of tests and I don’t think I’m getting any noticeable additional latency with the GM drum map using either GA4 SE or the full version of Groove Agent 4 as rack instruments.

Yes I get a latency on the monitoring, the notes however are recorded in time. Disabling drum map and the latency disappear.
Definitely a bug.

Just recently updated BFD2 to BFD3 and have had to remap a bunch of kits as i wanted to take advantage of some of the new features in 3… i’m not noticing any latency… the tracks are mainly jazz funk numbers with some pretty busy and heavily syncopated parts and they sound just fine here.

I edited OP.

Latency bug happens only when playing live, with monitoring enabled on track. If there is no drum map on track, GA responds to live input as usual. If drum map is enabled, live input has latency.

Notes that are already recorded on midi track play properly. Bug is present only when playing live (monitoring enabled).

Funny thing, if I keep the monitor button on and switch to a drum map, the latency is not there. Toggling the monitor off and then on again, and the latency is back. And we are talking something in the hundreds of milliseconds.

Must be an issue with GA then as i also use Arturia Spark, quite often at the same time as BFD2/3 with both systems mapped and again with no issues around latency…
I very rarely use GA these days as i just find it too clunky and somewhat lacking compared to most other drum vstis, i’ve also had it crash cubase on a few occasions when i also have an instance of halion5 loaded… but it gets dragged out from time to time if i just want to do something very simple very quickly…

Yep, same issue here.
Indeed only when monitoring life playing

And the “constrain delay compensation” troggle does not have any effect.

Delete the drummap, and everything is ok again. Big BUG

Could be a VST3 thing, I don’t have any VST2.4 instruments to test with.

Could well be actually!
In my own case if i ever have a problem with a plugin it’s invariably the vst3 version and swapping to the vst2.4 version (if there is one) generally remedies the problem…

Confirmed this as well. Experienced this about a month ago…only with GA SE.

Same here! Any solution?

Exact same issue here.

You would expect that the latency compensation woudl take this into account, but it does not.
As i work a lot with printed scores and drums this is getting more and more annoing. :imp:

It started with Cubase 7, I’m now at cubase 9.5…

Man this is an old post, but has anyone sussed how to fix this? Its still in cubase 10.0.50. Just noticed this today and its really annoying.

The bug is even weirder, because it also “spreads” to other drum plugins, like the VProm drum plugin (VST 2.4) when when I have a drum map there, and a drum map on GA… It appears to get triggered when the drum maps are on and you’re in Play or Record mode. When in “rest” mode, it first wasn’t there until I hit “Play”. Once it was there, it didn’t go away until I removed the GA drum maps.

When I remove the drum map from GA the latency is removed from both instruments. I’m on Cubase Pro 9.5.50 on Windows 10. I don’t have this problem on my Mac, Cubase 9.5 or 10.

Good to see this here. Can confirm that the issue is still present in Cubase AI 11.

weird,

@steve this thread needs an ‘issue’ tag

Confirmed also with Addictive Drums map.