Increment or Decrement event volume by less than 1db

Hi,

The current KC allows us to increment or decrement by +1/-1 dB. Does anyone know how to increment or decrement by a lesser amount say 0.1dB? Project LE doesn’t have volume as parameter to vary it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Primary/Secondary Parameter Fine Increase/Decrease.

Primary Parameter is Channel Volume. Fine increase/decrease is in .1dB steps.
Secondary Parameter is Pan. Fine increase/decrease is in steps of 1.

I applied it on audio track and events and it doesn’t work. Can you explain it, please?

Where in the manual can I find this? I search everywhere, but couldn’t find any information on Primary/secondary parameters.

Whoa, sorry! The above was not for events, but the mixconsole. I think Martin gave an answer recently to someone recreating a macro from Greg Ondo.

Let me see if I can find it.

Edit: decrease volume automation in .1 db steps - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Hmm. Not sure if it’s exactly what you’re looking for.

I don’t think there exists a “fine” increase key command for event gain.

Yes, In the thread you sent, the matters are for automations. I am not dealing with automation.

As far as I know there’s no key command. Instead, how about simply hovering the mouse pointer over the Volume value on the infoline and then hold Ctrl and turn the mouse wheel? Alternatively, double click on the Volume value on the infoline and then use Ctrl + up/down arrow to increment/decrement in fine steps.

There is a KC for ‘Edit Info Line’ but the focus goes to the file name first so you’d have to tab across to get to Volume. Once again use Ctrl + up/down arrow to increment/decrement in fine steps. However, if you need Volume in fine increments all the time you could change the position of the Volume parameter on the infoline in the Infoline setup window (right click on the infoline to open the setup window). Repositioning Volume further to the left you could put it first or in a position where you don’t have to tab so many times.