Independent time signature (Metrics)

That is organ music:

Is there a possible answer about «when» Dorico will give the possibility to
use real «independent» metrics ? Has shown here (done in «finale»)

Thanks

Dorico is just wonderful

One for the future:

It would also be great to have different staves with different tempo marks and for Dorico to line it up accordingly.
Niche, I know…

Ironically, that’s easy for Finale. Everything in Finale is bar-based: each bar is a mini-database, making certain functions easy, like independent time signatures with coinciding barlines. On the other hand, Dorico finds independent time signatures with staggered barlines easy. Try doing that in Finale!

I’ve only had to do it once, but what I’m asking is where staves (which could be in the same time sig) have independent tempo marks.
For example: stave 1 q=120, stave 2 q=60, so stave 1 has twice as many barlines, but all lined up as it would be played.

Yes to all of the above, in the fullness of time. Polymeter (which is already possible, provided you’re happy for barlines not to line up) and polytempo are both in our future plans for the software.

Very cool! Polytempo would obviously be a solution to polymetre if q= was set relatively.

Daniel,
Thanks for your answer…

Sorry, my english understanding is probably not as good as it should be !

So,
will Dorico is intended to support different time signature in the «same bar» (Bar aligned) in the future
(as seen on the picture or like «Finale» is doing since his version 1).

Please answer using a kind of yes or no !

Sincerely

Yes (if I may). By “polytempo” Daniel means that in the above example the quaver in 6/8 is a different speed than the quaver in simultaneous 2/4, so the barlines line up.

Thought I’d bump this. I have the same request as the original poster. I guess this is “polytempo”. Curious to learn if it is in sight (or if, indeed, it is included in the latest update)?

Incidentally, there was a ScoringNotes blog post a few days ago that gives a good overall approach to reliably semi-fake this. I say semi-fake because it actually allows for having exactly the correct structural approach (minus one to-be-made-hidden tuplet level) once one has successfully tricked Dorico into displaying the initial time signatures for the same bar length.

Thanks a lot, I’ll have a look at it!