Index or Table of Contents

Hello all. I’m trying to create a ‘Table of Contents’ for a musical score I’m working on but for the world of me, can’t work out how to do it. I’ve set up 2-text columns with ‘tokens’ in them (just to test it was working, I’ve only done the first flow) but when I do all of the basics (click on copy L to R followed by ‘apply’) non of it has taken effect (please see attached photos). Any help greatly appreciated.
`

The most obvious stumbling block is that the individual page has an override, as indicated by a red corner in the Pages panel at the top right corner of Engrave mode. You can remove that by right-clicking on the page in that panel and clicking Remove Page Overrides.

It may be that that override has come about because you’ve created a blank page and then given it a Master Page Change. If instead you take the original page 1 and give that a Master Page Change you won’t get an override.

Thanks for your quick, helpful reply Leo. Maybe I’m being especially dense but when I click to remove page overrides on the ‘Contents’ page it disappears completely and I go directly from the Title Page to the First Flow!?

Try assigning your contents master page directly to the 2nd page in the layout (rather than adding a new page based on a selected master page).

Thanks Lillie. I’m away from my computer at the moment but will try that option later.

Lillie, thank you so much. Your solution worked perfectly. :grinning:

1 Like

Smashing, that’s great :slight_smile: