Input ports for VST Connect Performer

Steinberg Product: VST Connect Pro 5.6.0.734 and VST Connect Performer 5.6.0.734
PC
Operating system version Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22621

I am attempting to establish connection using VST Connect Pro in Cubase 12.0.70 Build 464 and VST Connect Performer. I can make the connection, establish the video feed in both directions, but when Performer signs in I get the error message:
“Performer has no Input Port connected to its audio system. Make sure to select at least one Channel Input Port (at the top of the channel) in order to hear anything from Performer!”

I get this message despite having chosen from the available ports at the top of the master channel (see attached pictures - in this case from a VST Performer system using a Crimson SPL as its audio interface). (Cubase and Performer are on different wifi networks.)
These “input” ports are all outputs from the Crimson.

I have repeated the experiment using a Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd generation interface with the same result.

I have checked the ports being used. Cubase is using ports 51111, 51112, 51113 which are the ports that the documentation available on the helpcenter documentation says it should be using (see the fourth picture on the attachment). Performer is using port 51117 which is also listed in the helpcenter documentation.

I have checked the antivirus software and these ports are not blocked.

How do I open a functioning input port that carries the information from VST Connect Pro in Cubase to VST Performer?

Error Message
Performer Screen

helpcenter