Inputting a tuplet like Sibelius (the composer) - solved

Hello,

this is a newbies’ question. I really read the documentation, searched this forum, other internet ressources and watched youtube videos for a long time. Sorry, can’t find it. Maybe I’m foolish, maybe I’m blind.
Sibelius (the composer, not the software :smiley: ) notated the following rhythm in the second movement of his third symphony, for example excercise mark 5 (see picture).

How can I input this tuplet in Dorico?

I defined the time signature as [2+2+2]/4 to have the correct subdivisions for the rhythmic grid and to follow J. Sibelius.
I enter note-input via and select the half-note via <7>.
Then I tried a lot - a huge amount - of combinations in the tuplet-popover. But I don’t succeed.

What am I doing wrong - who can help me, please?

Thanks in advance

Thorsten

P.S.:If I define the time signature as 3/2 then in note-input-mode selecting the half-note via <7> then the tuplet-popover should be 2:1.5 - but even this does not work. But anyway the time-signature has to be [2+2+2]/4, not 3/2.
a-well-notated-tuplet-by-sibelius.jpg

Don’t feel too bad about not finding how to do this yourself. Getting help quickly from more experienced users is what this forum is for!

Create 4/3 tuplets of quarter notes. Either set the note duration to 6 for a quarter note and then create the tuplet, or type 4:3q in the popover.

Set the note duration to 7 (half notes) and Input the notes. Then, open the properties panel at the bottom of the screen, select the tuplets, and tick “Use contracting ratio” to display the “4” as a “2”.

The time signature doesn’t have any effect on this.

I think there is more than one way, but an easy one is to first enter the notes as four half-notes tuplets over three. Then you select the first pair, invoke the tuplet shortcut and type 2:2. You do that tor the other pair and then hide the number and brackets of overarching tuplet. Here’s a pic of this before hiding the big tuplet:
Tuplets.png

Thanks a lot - this works fine!