Insert plugins don't always load

I’m not totally sure if it’s the same issue, although they could be related.

Although I also experience what the news article mentions (being unable to add additional plugins), this issue also REMOVES VST plugins when loading a project - along with any automation (even though the automation strips still remain).

Just to add to everyone else’s comments here, I also use UAD plugins.

I have even now with cubase 9 on W10 and UAD2 sistem problems with blocked loading of different plugins. Always on more intensive projects but allways with enough RAM memory, UAD2 processor power…
I have 6core i76850k, 64GB of memory, asus delluxe 2 X99, 980ti GPU
New built on september, everithing updated to the last versions, UAD2 V9.
I had never before this issues, anybody have a solutions maybe?

Is it something with W10, Cubase or UAD2 sistem, I don’t know…

Please help!!

Yep, I’m getting it with an 8.5 project right now. For sure, the project is 107MB but I have 64GB ram, with 34GB free atm.

A few VST3 plugins are loading, but VST2’s incl. Steinberg’s own ones simply won’t load into this project :frowning:

I’m on Win7 64 bit, no UAD. 5960x i7, Asus X99 mobo.

I have had the same problem since I switched exclusively to 64 bit.
Regardless of Windows (7 or 10) from the moment a Cubase project alone reaches the +/- 6GB of ram, it begins to not load certain plugins. And from a certain point cubase does not even load his own natives!
I have a intel i7 6700 quad-core processor, 32 GB ram, Apollo firewire, cubase 9.0.1 … the same goes for 8 or 8.5.

Here is the aspect of the situation:

How do people correct this problem? Help!!!

Yep, that video says it all. I must say I’ve been managing to load some of Steinberg’s own VST3 plugins, like their studio EQ and the tube and vintage compressors, but the majority are doing the same as your video… the audio often glitches if I’m playing whilst trying to add an insert fx.

Here the same problem since I upgraded to Windows 10 and there’s no way I can solve it, so it keeps me away from working as it should.

It seems Steinberg don’t give a f… about their users problems. Guess time to start thinking of switching to other DAW

I have this problem on the Mac OS X El Captain but only with UAD plugs. What will happen is that I start mixing a project and have an ample (though not excessive) UAD plugs. I open the session on another day and sometimes the project load but with the UAD plugs being “disabled.” To cure the problem I usually have to re-start my Mac and all is well. It only happens with UAD plugs. No issues with Waves, Slate, Sound Toys, etc. I have Pro Tools 12.4 on my system as well that I use on occasion. Never had the problem in PT but I use Cubase daily and PT only on occasion. The problem occurs for me about a couple of time a month, not daily. So it’s more of an annoyance and not a deal breaking problem.

same problem here!!!.. cubase 9 in windows 10,

I just now transfer from Mac to windows platform because on Mac I had lagging problem whit 4k monitor, and now this… :frowning:

The problem is getting worse whit Cubase 9.0.3 or maybe the newest UAD Software, I make these two updates. The previous setting was more stable about this problem.

i had the same problem on cubase 9.0.2
i found 2 solutions that worked for me on windows 7.

so i am not going to explain all the things i went thru these last days to find a way out because it would take pages…

I realized that plug ins load normally when disconecting my ilok key…but without being able to use the protected plugs…
so i transfered as many licences as possible on my computer… still working fine…
the only licences on the ilok were Slate digital.
so i uninstalled all slates, and also the ilok manager, reinstalled the LATEST manager and the LATEST versions of slates plug ins and until now, everything seems to work fine…

another solution that worked on an older version of my system (i made an image before updating windows)
i uninstalled the KB3033929 update. i had to install this update to be able to install the last drivers for my lynx auroras.
after getting rid of it, ilok and soundcard were nor responding any more.
i reinstalled the ilok licence manager, and the audio card drivers. (audio card still not recognised)
so i went back on the windows website and downloaded the KB30355131 update and the KB3033929 and installed both. (the KB30355131 has to be installed first!) and after that, don’t ask me why but it all worked fine for me…(but maybe still something to do with the ilok…??)
UAD, Slate, soundtoys and all other plug ins loading just fine.

hope that will help.

I agree that it appears worse with 9.0.3 update.
INCREDIBLY frustrating and an absolute workflow killer!
Ive tried everything on some projects and nothing works, while on others a restart (or other tips/techniques posted throughout this thread) seems to work, still annoying but hey → at least it works…

For the others where I cant get it to work, the project is literally stuck at whatever point of progress its at.
WTF. And where is the acknowledgement from Steinberg ppl? At least a “noted, we are trying to solve the issue.”
(Edit: As Grim pointed out, they have acknowledged it)

Super dissapointed, esp. seeing that Ive invested in Steinberg products to run Cubase with more efficiency, not to mention that, like others, I dont exactly have the time to port stems to a new DAW and take the time to get the hang of that DAW.

I hope a solid, reliable and lasting fix appears soon and my bet is on the community rather than the company, which is really a shame.
Pretty big bug for what is considered high end and considerably expensive software.

Phhhaaaak. I needed to vent a bit :stuck_out_tongue:
:frowning: :frowning:

Here’s the most recent acknowledgement

this is still an issue with cubase 9.5!
i raised a ticket but I guess it will be ignored…

That’s a Windows issue, Steinberg can’t do anything about it besides tell you to stop using every single VST effect plugin you own in every project.

If this is the case, then the issue needs to be documented officially I think.

Here’s a current test with 9.5, including UAD plugins and native:

I have the same problem!!

Is there a solution??

I don’t want to switch DAW but…! :frowning:((

I have the same Issue … Running Cubase 9.5.10
CPU: i7-5920k
MB: <MSI X99a
Ram:32 Gigs
HD:512 SSD

This is keeping me back from working properly

Same problem here with UAD plugins and Cubase 9.5.10 on Windows 10. Steinberg should try and fix this!

Actually, might be an Windows issue, but that’s the platform Steinberg delivers its product for- and this does not work properly. Seems I have a strange restriction than on the number of plugins I’m using - that’s not acceptable. So I have to go with a different product after all theses years with Cubase. Damn.