Hello, Cubase 8.0.10 is the version i’m using.
I have an issue which I’ve tried to find mentioned on these forums and elsewhere but had no luck…
When using the Insert Silence command in one of my projects, subsequent tempo events are not moving. They are staying at the original bar number.
I have done some experimenting and had some strange results. I tested in a new, empty project.
- Created project
- Added a MIDI track
- Drew a MIDI part
- Saved project
- Created a tempo change at bar 50
- Set L locator to 1 and Right Locator to 5
- Selected Edit>Range>Insert Silence
- Silence was inserted, the MIDI part moved and the tempo event moved to bar 54
- Exited without saving.
- Reopened this project.
- Checked that Insert Silence worked (it did)
3.Imported a tempo track (.smt) from another project which Insert Silence works correctly on.
- Made a note of a tempo event (bar 311 change to 5/4)
- Set L and R locators as before and Inserted silence
- All audio and MIDI parts moved but the tempo event remained at bar 311.
What am I doing wrong? I have checked the project settings and the tempo track settings.
I’ve not had this issue before. Is it a bug in Cubase 8.0.10?
I have another project in which Insert Silence does not move tempo or signature events no matter how I sneak up on it…
The world awaits the next work of beauty from Twombley Burwash, and we’re stuck…!