Inserting an event

Hello,

I am looking for a function that allows to insert an Audio Event and move the whole project or selected track(s) about the length of the inserted event.

Carsten

Use the shuffle mode. Refer to the manual for exact instructions.

Hello likelystory,

iT ONLY WORKS WITH ONE SELECTED TRACK BUT NOT WITH ALL THE TRACKS AT THE SAME TIME.THERE MUST BE A FUNCTION TO MOVE ALL THE EVENTS FROM THE CURSOR POSITION TO THE RIGHT ON THE AMOUNT OF THE LENGTH OF AN EVENT TO BE INSERTED AT THE CURSOR POSITION.

Carsten

Use “Insert Time”. In the manual. And, beating others to the punch… why shout? We can mostly read lower case just fine. :slight_smile:

Chewy

You can also use shuffle mode across multiple tracks with folders.

So many ways to skin a cat in Nuendo-land…

Chewy

Thanks for your support and I have to appologize for the upper case issue. It was not meant what it looked like.

Carsten

Hi Chewy, hi likelystory

unfortunatly I am not successful with the above described proposals. "Shuffle only works for events to be changed in position on the timeline Insert Time only moves the events on the selected or the first track of a selection to the right.
Who can clarify my issue???

Go to Project, Tempo Track and you will see an icon to the far right at the top. This will open a dialogue box to add or remove bars. This does the entire project. I hope this helps you.

Dean

Thanks Rickard, that did not solve my issue. As far as I read the manual regarding this aspect, it is not possible to insert an event that easy the way I wish to.
So please Steinberg could you refer on that!?

Carsten

Create new track insert event where you want it, select events/tracks you want to move’ use snap to move events so as to snap to end of new event. lots of variations on this. good luck.

Thank you 2pie for your proposal, but very complicated. It should be a “one command” execution.