Inspector info and controls Missing

Dear Cubase Users, today I need to record some vocals in cubase Pro 11, but when I create an Audio track the inspector panel is blank, I’ve tried to work around it but it’s driving me crazy! I’m hoping I have just unchecked a setting but I’ve spent a couple hours trying to resolve.

1. Midi and VST tracks are fine = I see the controls in the inspector panel
  2. Older projects that contain Audio tracks are fine = I see the controls in the inspector
  3. Newer projects including the one I’m working on have a blank inspector panel = I need a fix to manage the audio bus routings and basic controls (volume, pan etc)

Example Blank Inspector

Expected Inspector

Any help please?

Thanks
JC

Haven’t seen this before, so I have no immediate solution, but does this happen only in this one project or also if you create a completely new (empty) project from scratch?
Also, could you try to create the audio track using a track preset (maybe created from an audio track that still works).
Next thing to try is to start with preferences disabled to see whether something is garbled there:

This looks like the project is not activated. I.e When you have more than one project open, the non activated ones will show this behaviour.
Do you have more than one project open, and if so does clicking on this icon solve the problem?
Screenshot 2022-11-30 154824