Inspector UI improvements

These 5 things are used more than anything else on a regular basis:

Volume fader
Inserts
Sends
Pre-gain
Direct output
Edit instrument

Because producers are constantly adjusting these 5 things, it would make sense for them to be shown in the inspector column without having to scroll up and down to see them all. I do understand that “edit channel settings” neatly shows all 5 of these, however, it is less convenient because the channel settings window is always getting in the way, covering up the arrange window, and covering up instrument windows. Constantly scrolling through the inspector window is slow to scroll, doesn’t scroll unless the cursor is in just the right spot, and makes for difficult navigation.

Right now, if I choose to show only those 5 things in the inspector column and hide/minimize everything else, I am only able to see the inserts and half the sends before I need to start scrolling up and down to see everything else. This makes the UI difficult.

IDEAS:

1. Make the sends smaller in height to make room (the same height as the inserts would work well). Now we would see all inserts AND all sends
  2. Since volume is always being adjusted, pull the small horizontal volume fader out from underneath the inspector track name, and insert at the top
  3. Add a pre-gain fader just below the volume fader
  4. Edit instrument button via inspector is already available and can be minimized to only one column to save space, so that is already perfect
  5. The direct output/routing name should be shown above the volume faders, which can jump to the output track when command+clicked
  6. Make the inspector column width adjustable so that the insert names are not cut off so short

Thanks for reading! I really appreciate all you guys do. Hopefully maybe one day all this will be possible : )

3 Likes

Check this video out. It might help you.

For me it was a massive eye opener! One of those ‘wish I would have thought of this (earlier!)’ moments.
In my case, it addresses my desire for 2 Inspectors pretty well.

2 Likes

Thank you @John_R_Cardona for this tip.
A little bit annoying with the second window and the workspace workaround - but much much better than the actual Inspector.

This is how the Inspector should be: Easy accessible, fixed elements & customizable.
This gets an upvote. Please improve it, thanks.

1 Like