Install cubase 5 on 64bit system

hello, although after so many years we reached cubase 12, I have a computer AMD 64bit operating system processor i7 windows 7 I install cubase 5 the installation is done normally without having extra vst’s the installation is done in the folder c program files x86 but it doesn’t open it remains in the vstx2 section at startup and it loads continuously without stopping files from the computer without opening while when I open it run as administrator it opens normally behind cubase for corrections and saving only while when I install it on an old computer that has a 32 bit operating system it opens directly, is there any way to open it immediately in 64bit?

Welcome, @grigoris_fountoukas

Could you confirm that it’s the 64 bits version of Windows 7 that is in use ?

If so, the issue is probably here : the C:\Program Files (x86) is the installation location for 32 bits applications only. From which, I reckon that you are for uninstalling and reinstalling carefully Cubase, making sure that its 64 bits version is actually installed in the relevent C:\Program Files one. If I remember well, there is an option to do so in one of the windows that appear during the installation process.

the computer system is indeed 64bit, cubase 5 is 32bit, when I install, it is done in c program files x86 because chase 5 is 32bit, but when I click to open it does not open, it keeps loading in initializing vstx2 and shows files from windows while with the right click and run as administrator opens normally

I’m asking about the Windows 7 version used, not the computer system itself…

Cubase 5 can be either 32 or 64 bits : I know this as I perfectly remember having used its 64 bits version with a Windows 7 Pro 64 bits OS. So, I suggest again to do a whole reinstallation of it.

This shouldn’t be mandatory to use Cubase. From which, I reiterate my previous suggestion, as something is obviously flawed, in your present installation.

I have deleted it I have also deleted the configurations in the hidden files user appdata stainberrg installation from the beginning and again I have the same problem while I just installed it on a 32 bit system with windows home premium old system 2gb ram after the installation it opened normally do I tell the computer Is there something wrong with me, maybe because it’s 64bit and cubase 32 can’t load it?

I thought that it was a 64 bits one…

As it seems that two different computers are involved, I can just reiterate my previous suggesstion for the Windows 7 64 bits one.

windows 7 64bit my computer is there I want to install it I deleted it and installed it again but it doesn’t open again while the system is windows 7 64 bit cubase 5 is 32bit and it doesn’t open

In which way ? Have you uninstall it in the ‘regular’ one (using Windows uninstall process) ?

If you have reinstall it, you obviously missed a critical step : the one where either the 32 or 64 bits version has to be chosen, before the actual installation.

cubase 5 I thought was only 32bit and that from cubase 6 comes 64bit

Hey Grigoris,

Cubase is available for 64 bit systems since version 4.

You might want to check your installers for Cubase 5, they should definitely come with 64 bit support - if necessary you can download all necessary files here:

I have windows 7 professional 64 bit but cubase 32bit 5.1.2 doesn’t open it keeps showing loading in vstx2 without opening for hours

Weird. Does the 64 bit version of Cubase 5 not work, too ?

I don’t have the 64bit version of cubase 5 my version of cubase 5 os 5.2 32 bit but is not opening while it had the 32bit version in a 64bit operating system and it worked fine now when I installed it again it doesn’t open I don’t remember how I had done it and it worked maybe I had the hard drive in a 32bit system and I did the installation there which opens the program and then I put the hard drive in this computer that I now have a 64bit operating system and it worked