Install interrupted. Your device has not been modified.

I had Cubase LE5 on an old laptop. That laptop has since died and won’t turn on. I emailed Steinberg about how to get my Cubase onto my new laptop. They walked me through it. I downloaded the download assistant. Selected Cubase LE10 “full” which was like 15GB in size. It downloaded fine. When I open the file and go to install it it eventually says “install interrupted/ Your device has not been modified”. What does this mean and how can I fix it?

Hi and welcome,

I don’t know this error message, but I wonder why did you download Cubase LE10? As far as I understand, you own a license to Cubase LE5, so you should install Cubase LE5 and reactivate the license to the new computer. If you upgraded your LE5 license to LE10 license, then everything should be OK and you should be able to install and run Cubase LE 10.

Wha system (Windows/macOS) do you use and which version, please?

I emailed support and explained the situation to them. I specifically said I had Cubase LE5 I got with an old Zoom processor I bought. They replied and told me to download the download assistant, told me to select Cubase LE10 and download that. In the download assistant I didn’t even see LE5 listed.

I have a laptop running Windows 10 or whatever the latest Windows version is.

The guy from support just told me Cubase LE5 hasn’t been supported for a while now and gave me a complimentary upgrade to Cubase LE10.

Hi,

Good for you. Now, you just have to solve the installation issue.

Unzip the package. Open the unzipped folder and install from the setup.exe file as an Administrator (right-click to the setup.exe, and select Run as administrator).

Ok so I got it installed. I open the program and it prompts me to enter me license number. I put it in and it basically says “Currently there is no E licenser connected to your computer you can download your E license to. Please connect an appropriate USB E licenser”.
This happens if I try it through the E-License desktop icon or by opening Cubase and putting my license number in there. Screenshots attached.

Install the elicenser helper, it will fix the problem. Then install the latest elicenser and enter the license number.

That’s what I wound up doing after doing some Googling. Got it installed and working. Thanks for the help guys.

I downloaded the download assistant. Selected Cubase LE10 “full” which was like 15GB in size. It downloaded fine. When I open the file and go to install it it eventually says “install interrupted/ Your device has not been modified”. What does this mean and how can I fix it?
any problem cubase le10 in window 7 ultimate??
i stalled already complete installed and also activation when i open the desktop icon of cubase le10 its never be open
what is the problem plss help

Hi and welcome,

I would recommend to:

• Unpack the ZIP file.
  • Install from the unpacked folder.
  • Install as administrator.

Does it help?