Installation Instruction Location

Although one does not “need” the Version History to run Dorico, I always download it (save it) and read it since the Version History describes (pretty fully) the newest additions to the program and covers material often not included in the official user guide until later.

It’s the one thing that puts me off buying Dorico3. I’m not a technical person so until I’m utterly familiar with what’s required and what happens (so I’m in a position to diagnose if something goes wrong) I won’t take the chance. I got through with VSL ok but only with support as there was nothing about downloading its player which I assumed would come with the sample set.
So I’ll go on browsing until I can piece together what to expect.

You know you can try Dorico for free for 30 days, right?

1 Like

Thank you. I had decided to buy the version I need anyway and say a few prayers… and the first thing is having paid for it (shows up as charged in paypal) I’ve received no email with the download links. Nothing in MySteinberg account either. I had to create a “ticket” to see what’s going on!

Ok… Welcome among fellow Doricians! Well, when you get the code, of course.
Feel free to ask whenever you are in trouble. The forum is highly reactive, you should receive very good help in no time. Alas, for those Asknet issues, we users have no clue…

The trial version could let one start working with Dorico right away while waiting for the e-mailed licenser key. Could it not?

I can see this is going to be difficult. I received an order confirmation with activation code. Nothing about where to go to get the software download. There was a download link under Order Information so I clicked on that to see what would happen. It sent me to a sign in panel - and (sheesh) it doesn’t recognise my password (unique to this site and very carefully typed in)! Same email/pw gets me into my Steinberg account though.
I hope this can be resolved in the next 12 days or so. I don’t want to throw £500 in the bin.

Ivor, I’m very sorry you’re having problems so far. I’ll send you a private message with some further instructions to get you up and running in the meantime.

Thank you indeed. Application and sounds downloaded. I’ll run these in the morning. I presume that the activation code is the one sent with the order confirmation email. I’m not a technical person - terrified of the installation process - though hope to be ok with the application itself. I have no trouble with VSL’s VI Instruments Pro!
Again, many thanks.