Installation of CUBASE AI failure

Getting this when I try to Install through Steinberg Installation Assistant:

Cannot run program “cmd” (in directory “notAvailable\Steinberg\Install Assistant”): CreateProcess error=267, The directory name is invalid
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

What version of Cubase AI is it? Is it the latest one? Are you use using Windows or Mac and what versions of those are you trying to install on?

Exact same error. I’m using Windows. Downloaded my purchased Elements 11 for Windows. Cannot download anything in Cubase or use the product in any way.

This is what my version says. Almost the same.
java.security.PrivilegedActionException: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program “cmd” (in directory “C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Install Assistant”): CreateProcess error=267, The directory name is invalid

And also says error in java.security.accesscontroller.doprivileged(native method)

Create a Folder “Install Assistant” in "C:\Program Files\Steinberg" )))))

3 Likes

have the same problem today with Nuendo.
Creating that folder didn’t help.
I selected other location on other drive.
download went ok but steinberg download manager couldn’t install.
launched amnually the Nuendo_11.0.41_Installer_win.exe
but something else went wrong.
any help welcome.
why (the hell) isn’t there direct link to those softwares like 5y ago. At least as an alternative to this woowoo downloader frenzie companies are having.

hi did you get this sorted.i just installed an ssd today,so reinstalled windows on it,and went to install cubase 11 pro from download assistant and i got that error too

Create the C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Install Assistant folder manually.

Run the Steinberg Download Assistant, click the Settings button, change the Download directory to something else.

Click the icon for your version of Cubase in the Steinberg Download Assistant and change the Target folder, or reset to default.

If you’re still having issues, please start a new topic.