Installing Cubase 5. Which route to take? (x64 or x32)

Just in need of some advice on which route to take in regards to installation of Cubase 5 64 bit or 32 bit. Im running Windows 7 64 bit on a new self built machine. What will work the best? What is more stable as of right now? Please enlighten me with details. Thanks in advance.

-Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
-i7 2600k
-Asus P8H67 M-Evo
-Intel HD graphics 3000
-8 Gb of G Skill
-(OS) Western Digital 500 Gb 7,200 rpm 32mb cache Sata III
-Samsung F3 Spinpoint 1Tb 7,200 rpm 32mb cache Sata II
-Coolermaster 212+ CPU cooler

Install them both. Give each a try. You can run them next to each other and you can open the same project in either (assuming that the appropriate plugs are installed).

Ron

Hmm, is this a stable operation? I just want to stick to one right now. Wouldnt the file paths cross and get disorganized? How would i be able to tell what folders are which? Also I had an issue before this I tried installing cubase 5 64 bit and Halion One was missing a long with other vst’s. Not sure what happened there.

The only issue that I am aware of from installing both is that a cpr file can only be associated with one or the other. Other than that there should be no issues. A project is not dependent on 32-bit vs 64-bit Cubase. It can be opened with either.

Ron

Ok. Thanks for the reply. How is the 5.5 update currently working with x64. Im most likely going to be updating Cubase 5 once its downloaded onto my system. Any advice or suggestions in regards to compatablity issues with x64 or anyone have anything to share with their setup? Just looking for some reassurance from someone who has say a similar setup as me and how there experience is with Cubase 5 or 5.5 running at x64 on windows 7 64 bit. Please any advice is helpful. THANKS!!!

Ok. Thanks for the reply. How is the 5.5 update currently working with x64. Im most likely going to be updating Cubase 5 once its downloaded onto my system. Any advice or suggestions in regards to compatablity issues with x64 or anyone have anything to share with their setup? Just looking for some reassurance from someone who has say a similar setup as me and how there experience is with Cubase 5 or 5.5 running at x64 on windows 7 64 bit. Please any advice is helpful. THANKS!!!