Installing Cubase 6.5 Update on Yosemite - not happening!

Hi all,

I did a few searches trying to see if there was any help out there, with people with the same or similar problem. But alas, I could not find it. If someone out there can, please reply with a link. :slight_smile:

I have recently purchased a second hand MacBook Pro that came preinstalled with OSX Yosemite. I have found the "Steinberg Application Installer Tool For Yosemite " and managed to successfully use it to install Cubase 6 from my DVD. However, when I downloaded the 6.5 update and tried to follow the instructions to use the installer again for this, it could not recognise the file.

Tried to launch the DMG (to mount it) by double clicking the DMG file. Then launched the installer app and it just says β€œNo Steinberg products found. Please mount the downloaded product or insert the product disc in your disc drive and restart this app.”

So I am wondering if anyone out there can guide me in the right direction as to what I need to do. Frustrating as I am really looking forward to using my new machine with Cubase.

Have I correctly mounted the DMG or am I doing something incorrectly?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi and welcome,

Use this Steinberg Application Installer Tool for Yosemite, please.

Be aware, Mac OS X 10.10 is not supported system for Cubase 6.5.

True!

however that being said; Cubase 5.5/6.5/7.5 all working here on OS 10.10.

But as Martin mentioned installation might be a bit problematic.

Good Luck!
{β€˜-’}

I would say, it could works, but using it is on your β€œown risk”. :wink: