Instrument Delays HELP

I’m trying to work using Instrument tracks, midi with Kontakt and rewire, but the delays between midi note and actual sound are unacceptable, and worse yet varying. I can adjust the little clock thing on each track, but once I have it down, next playback it’s out of sync again.

I’m using Reason 5, Kontakt and Absynth 5 as instruments, what can I do about this?

EDIT: even when I export stuff it’s stil horribly out of sync, even having frozen tracks

Emulated ports or System Timestamp may be a solution, but your explanation of the problem prevents a more precise answer.

How do I configure that?

I have midi notes lined to the grid for kontakt and absynth, but they sound later intermittently. In other words, sometimes there is no delay. Sometimes when I can get them “delayless” I freeze the tracks/instruments. So I attempt to export the mixdown, the reason tracks sound on time, but absynth and kontakt, there’s over a second of delay.

Use system Timestamp is a tick box in devices/midi dialogue. Make sure it is ticked.

If that doesn’t help try disabling the rewire & see if the VST synths play with no variation.

I opened the project, before I opened reason, I went ahead and checked that box. Absynth and Kontakt seemed fine. When I finally opened Reason, the delays started again, and when exporting mixdown, there’s still over a second of delay.

EDIT: I’ve noticed the delays now only occur if I start playback from the beginning of the project

EDIT2: is there a way to freeze a rewire thing?

EDIT: I’ve noticed the delays now only occur if I start playback from the beginning of the project

Ahh…I remember reading something about not starting projects at bar 1 to avoid midi timing issues. You can just shift all your parts to start at bar 5 or whatever

EDIT2: is there a way to freeze a rewire thing?

No freeze…they are after all running outside of Cubase.
You can use export audio mixdown to create an audio version & switch off the Reason instrument…but obviously if you want to make a change you’ll need to go back to the live Reason version & redo the process.

I hope steinberg also fixes this midi sync/timing issue.

Same problem here. Happened in cubase 5, now in 6(.02)