Instrument track - Output 1 renaming

When we change the name of an Instrument track, the name is also applied to the default Output 1. When using multiple outputs, it would be nice to be able to rename the Output 1 independently of the Instrument track name itself.
For instance, when using multiple outputs with Toontrack Superior Drummer 3, and assigning the first output to the kick, this output will be labelled with the Instrument track name in the mixconsole. In we rename the output 1 in the mixconsole (i.e. “kick”), the Instrument track label will be replaced by “kick” in the track list too, that’s not the name of whole Instrument but just a part of it.

7 Likes

The issue that’s been around for a long time.
Here’s the thread back from 2016: [BON-16275] VSTi multi-out name changes track name - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Pretty please, Steinberg, bring your attention to it.
This behavior is illogical for multi-output instruments, as those are basically hosts.

yeah this is super annoying

+1

Amen Brother! I’ve forgotten about this, it’s SOO annoying…

Would still love to see this happen.

+1

Yes please.

Totally agree.
As a work around I don’t use OP1, but start from OP2. It seems unintuitive but works.

1 Like

Yup… would be great to see this changed

+1

Yeah, we get used to stuff like this but that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t cart wheel around of joy if it was fixed!

Awful!

Yes, please! And while you are at it, it would be great if the Instrument Track would then also act as an overall volume control/VCA for all outputs.

3 Likes

great suggestion!

Please fix it

Agreed! Another +1, and another “please fix it”.

+1 would be really nice to see this in the next version. The only “workaround” I found is to use rack instruments. You still cannot rename the instrument instance but the outputs are indipendent from it. I would also love to have the possibility to rename the rack instrument name. Can’t be that difficult.

1 Like

+1 +1 +1

+1+1+1+1

this is one of those things that just really annoys me.

+1+1+1+1+1

I just started using Cubase and this is annoying the heck out of me!

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. Some problems have been around for so long that you’ve integrated them into your workflow and have forgotten that they are actually really annoying problems. This is one such. Please Steinberg - fix this!!!