Integrating Metagrid into Cubase workflows

Metagrid users should note this problem in Cubase 10 regarding the PLE

Thanks for the heads up.

Hi Rodger, I’m new to Metagrid but a long time Cubase user.
I’m liking the way you approach the scenes with your workflow.

Is there any where I could download your Metagrid template please to take a further look?

Sorry this took awhile. In theory the attached should let you access my viewsets, let me know if it works.

A few caveats. Since many of the buttons are dependent on Macros & PLE/LE presets on my DAW, those Action Queues won’t properly execute. Also I never downloaded any of the Generic Remote Updates from Metagrid, just edited the originals as needed - again this might break a few more Action Queues. If there is anything you’re curious about how it works, just ask and we can discover if I remember.

This includes the Scenes I normally use plus those that initially came with Metagrid and some scratchpads. The ones named “…copy for new scenes” are the starting templates I use for most new Scenes so I can always have certain buttons in specific locations for every scene (except for specialized scenes like setting colors or a remote control with big transport buttons).
CubaseMetagrid.zip (80.4 KB)

Many thanks Rodger

That’s ported over just fine and saved my hours of work, so all credit for your effort.

I’m gonna give it a go with my next track!!!

Great. And it got me to actually figure out how to backup my Metagrid config - which is good. :slight_smile:

I use Cubase 11 Pro, several iPads, incl. big and small iPad Pros and have bought the following apps:

ZenDaw
MetaGrid
Cubase IC Pro
Lemur+Composer Tools Pro

I bought them all because they all do not cost much so I thought better to invest my time into putting them in best use instead of trying to find out which has most features.

In your opinion, what would be the best separation of duties between these apps?
Objectives being:
a) to cover as much territory as possible
b) to avoid more than one app covering the same functions & features
c) fastest possible workflow