Integrating PowerPlay P16-I for MoreMe

Anybody has a roadmap on how we can integrate this to have hardware controlled “MoreMe” mixers available to artists, specifically Behringer’s PowerPlay P16-I patched up with TSR Cables from the Patchbay, instead of using IC-Pro?

We are using 3 MR816CSX + 3 ADAT attached 8-channel I/O on each MR816CSX (total of 48 I/O Channels).

We would like to specifically know how to get the audio into the P16-I. We have Direct Monitoring ON, Control Room is on, and we do have Cue Mixes configured as well. So, if we can figure out how to get a signal of 16-Channels to the P16-I, we could then have a choice of using Hardware (P16-M) and/or IC-Pro.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Okay, seems that no one in here has an answer! But I think I now know how to do what I want to do, and maybe someone in here can confirm if this would be the way to do it!

1. Using the MR Editor, map inputs 1-8 to their respective outputs 1-8 and adjust levels to unity, save the changes.
  2. In Cubase, setup 8 FX Channels and map their outputs to the MR816CSX’s output channels 1-8.
  3. In Cubase Mixer, map 8 channels you want to send audio to the P16-I using SENDS to the 8 FX Channels created in step 2. (Set levels to unity)

I realized this when I created Studio Cues that the CUES audio signal levels are controlled in Cubase’s Cue level in the Mixer. Without Cubase loaded, I could use my mic (on MR816CSX Input3) and hear output from the designated output (on MR816CSX Output3) behind the MR816CSX, but once I loaded and got into Cubase, everything changed, I could not hear any output til I created a CUE in the Control Room and activated the CUE SEND adjusting the volume to unity did I only got an AUDIO OUTPUT SIGNAL FROM MR816CSX OUTPUT3. I believe the same signal path and process would work to get signal from the SENDS of each channel to its respective FX Channels which are mapped to the hardware audio outputs would work to get AUDIO OUT to the P16-I for a “MORE-ME” configured system.

Hope this is the case as I have yet to test this out. And if it is the case, hope someone in here can confirm that this is the way to do it, or at least point to a direction that would work.

Any response or advise would be appreciated.

The P16 uses a proprietary Ethernet connection (ultranet) and only works with the behringer digital family.

If you want in-ear or multi-monitor configurations your best bet is to do it with the control room and cues, you have a maximum of 4 separate monitor mixes if I recall it right.
But then again trying to control all this from iPad, tablets is a daunting task, maybe the more programmable tablet control apps allow you to do this, but lot’s of work is needed to get it configured proper, not impossible!

Oh yeah with Steinberg hardware the mixer-app and cubase do not work together, in Cubase you have total control over the hardware thus the mixer app isn’t working when cubase is active.

Thanks all for your input.

I’ve found a YOUTUBE Vid that I think would help with what I want to do, which will be:

The Behringer P16-I has both 16 Analog TSR Inputs and 2 ADAT Lightpipe inputs in the rear to accept 16 analog audio signal/channels, or 16 (2x8) Digital ADAT Lightpipe channels for which are sent out to its 6 CAT5 channels to be used by P16-M(s) at the artist’s fingertips.

Right now, I’m using 16 Analog TSR patch cables to connect my 2 MR816CSX Outputs to 1 P16-I.

As a test, I’ve managed to map my Studio Cues to P16-I and successfully got output at the P16-M connected to the P16-I. The only problem with this is the only way to adjust CUE Mixes is with the IC-Pro, which works perfectly. Remotely adjusting the CUE Mixes with IC-Pro has been tested and works great. Using the P16-M, is the next step and feature I would like to have in my studios for artists to control and make their own mixes with hardware digital mixers (P16-M) at their fingertips. And I believe what I have stated here will work.

1. Create Group Tracks in a folder and rename them MM-1 … MM-8 … MM-16, for each channel I intend to send out to the P16-I and just use those.

Thanks again for all the feed-backs, and I hope this will document and maybe help someone who is looking to try and do what I want done in my studio.

Ron A.