intel I7 and motherboard

Not sure what you are asking their sam?

yes built in dsp with the focusrite if thats what you mean…i had the pro 40 for a couple of years it was a good interface i loved it…i upgraded to the liquid saffire 56 as it had the two liquid mic pres,it sounded great but the drivers were playing up and it kept disconnecting…i love the focusrite stuff im not gona slate them coz of this im sure its working for lots of people but for me it was just not plaing ball… :frowning:

what it was doing was losing connection when coming out of Cubase…it only did it after windows tried to change the sample rate back from 48hz 32bit foat to 44.1 16 bit the focusrite has software call mix control and this froze yet the unit still worked and audio played back.and sometimes it would just not show up as connected on bootup.this happend on my old AMD system with the first unit i got,i sent that back and it did exactly the same on my new intel system with the replacement focusrite…cant be the PC as its done it on both machines…?

anyway its gone back now i must say Digital Village have been very cool about repacing it and helping me pick out another one i went for the motu 828 mk3 they seem to have a good reputation with their drivers and audio quality/conversion.i wont get it till next week sometime as i only orderd it today so i cant coment on it…aswell as the two mic pres on the motu i have an old focusrite octo-pre mk1 with the breakout cable so i can make use of the eight pres on that going into the motu’s eight ballenced in’s on the back.

im not far from skint now :frowning: i had been saving for a long time for a uad card and some decent plugs but i think i made the right choice i can more than live with the cubase plugins they are good and eqs are eqs aint they…ok no emulations but i have a few free plugins like the spl’s and voxengo and just found the antress ones so all good… :slight_smile:

Hi Andyath , waht i meant was a UAD card, the motu 828 mk3 , must be very expensive as well…???
cubase plugins they are good and eqs are eqs aint they…ok no emulations but i have a few free plugins like the spl’s and voxengo and just found the antress ones so all good… :slight_smile:
The eq/s effx in cubase are damm, good so how much better can they get better can they get with the Uad cards??? should be some thing there , that so many use them …

well after i get down to the CPU n new M/board , the uad is all i need …a basic good cheap entry level one … any one suggestions ??? welcome… well wrong forum here but , jut for ur opinion , i activated C6 n Halionsonic n Halion 4 … the vsti/s r similay , breathy n all , but i still prefer the hypersonic tones…

well just when i narrowed down to the Intel 2600 K ,
hell this comes up…

so …
pls keep us posted on the new Motu performance …
thanks
sam

It was… :laughing: :unamused:

In an ideal world i would of gone for the rme fireface 800 but that is just way out of my price range…i see one of the users on here has a few fireface products…think he wears a cap??? :question:

but yeh im sure i will be very happy with it and like i said the driver reliability is going to be peace of mind for me after the L56…i have had an e-mail back from focusrite they have been able to re-produce my issue now!!
concidering how old the liquid 56 is im very suprised nobody has stumbled over this before???anyway their are going to sort it in one of the upcoming mixcontrol versions.

as for uad i was saving for the quad version but im not going to start again for a bit.bills/life calls and i want to just kick back for a bit not scrimping and saving just for the sake of gear.(i have more than enough for now)

so yeh i’ll let you know how the motu goes…

quick update

So i have been using this setup for a little while now and its great no problems at all i did change up the motu for a fireface though they didnt have any motu’s in stock and by the time they got some i had been paid again so added to that and got the RME.

its a good system i highly recomend the I7 route for anyone looking to build a new DAW