Interesting comparison between render engines

Interesting comparison between render engines. It’s in German, so not sure if I understand it all properly, but it seems Cubase sums differently that Reaper, StudioOne and Ableton Live.
Very interesting to see comparison of render times in mixdown. Cubase is really slow comparing to others.

The most interesting thing in this comparison is that it proves the differences are neglible. They are probably due to 32 vs 64-bit floating point rendering engine. Quantization distortion on 32-bit floating-point (24-bit mantissa) audio is always around 144dB below signal level (0.0000063%) and this is what you see there.

In order to hear these kind of differences you must be able to hear a fly buzzing around your head while sitting right next to a Saturn V rocket launch. I can bet not a single human is capable to this.

Wait, while the rocket is launching, or during the countdown? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not a rocket scientist, but I guess that even at countdown all the turbopumps and other gizmos would make enough noise to cancel out the sound of a buzzing fly :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, but a common house fly has a maximum speed of only 7.2 kilometers-per-hour; whereas the space shuttle on liftoff is traveling about 1,609 kilometers-per-hour about one minute into liftoff. So, there’s no way a common house fly is going to keep up with the shuttle. Even the fastest variety of fly, the horsefly, can only achieve 145 km/h. So even the fastest fly won’t be able to move fast enough to avoid getting incinerated by the afterburners mere seconds into the launch. So, this entire argument seems rather specious, given the logistics.

But… what if the flys legs where stuck to the liquid oxygen tank just under a small protrusion offering some protection from the passing hyper-sonic airflow?

I can imagine the words inside fly’s mind: “To boldly go where no fly has gone before”. :astonished: