Interface not detected

I was messing around with Cubase and using the Bias FX VST plug-in as an amp, trying to fine tune the sound I wanted to record with, and the whole thing quit on me. A bunch of different “Error” and “Failure” messages came up. I exited out of everything using the task manager, did a scan for viruses on my computer, fixed anything that was on here, and restarted my computer. Now, when I open Cubase it asks me to configure my sound and give me 3 options, ASIO4All v2, my Focusrite USB 2.0 Audio Driver and of course the Generic Low Latency ASIO Audio Driver. I try to select the Focusrite audio driver and says that no such device is detected. It asks me to make sure that it’s connected, which it clearly is. I open Cubase using 1 of the other 2 options, trying to use the VST Audio System in the Device Setup tab to select my Focusrite, but still tells me that the device is not connected and can’t be found. The interface is clearly connected; I have a light telling me that it is. I read something on other thread about needing to take down wow.dll and wow64.dll files, and I found a ton of them. Do I just straight up delete those? Is there anything else I need to try before doing that?

Thanks guys. I’m new to this, so I appreciate all the help I can get.

I have a similar problem with my Focusrite Scarlet 2i4. I go to the device setup and I see the choice between the 2i4 and the Generic Low Latency Asio. It gives me an error message saying something about the incompatibility of the ASIO and WDM usb drivers.
Looks like this should be a simple problem that either few have or no one can fix.
I really thought Cubase and the common Focusrite interface would be a slam dunk interface. I remember problems like this on PCs back in the 90s, I would have thought this would not be a problem in 2016.