Invalid serial number on Avid Artist Mix???

Sorry, I disagree.
Useres should never have to worry about “unusual” ways of copy protection.

Without wanting to get into an argument here: I was working at a Nuendo studio recently where I wanted to setup the Euphonix. It took Steinberg Email support about 4 weeks NOT to reply to a number of emails and through both my an the studios “My Steinberg” account.
I only received an answer after I called the 0900 number, then it was a matter of minutes.

Pure annoyance of the users due to some weird kind of marketing for copy protecting a driver…

Anyways, trying to be constructive here - various uses shouting here, so obviously Steinberg has an issue to address. It should be easy to solve.

Ollie

I got my activation code this morning from tech support in Hamburg. Entered the number in and I’m up and running.

As to whether the serial number was used before, I don’t know - but the packaging was brand new and had never been opened so I can only assume it had not been used before.

Tech support for this issue has some room to improve in my opinion. But everyone was friendly helpful. I just think that there is likely some issues with the serial number lookup process between Steinberg’s and Avid’s websites.

Same issue here - waiting for tech support to answer my support request.

How long did it take for you to get it sorted?

It feels suspicious that these serial number problems started almost at the same time as the introduction of the CMC series controllers. Hopefully, just a coincidence.

:open_mouth:

Does anybody know a way of contacting support on a short / quick route? This was day 2 waiting for a reply…
Alternative email address? The 0900 line is not really customer friendly I have to say :-\

Does anybody know a way of contacting support on a short / quick route? This was day 2 waiting for a reply…
Alternative email address? The 0900 line is not really customer friendly I have to say :-\

Unfortunately I have to confirm that I NEVER received ANY response from customer support to inquires sent through the contact form in the mySteinberg area. (tried several occasion)

So let´s ask Chis weather this is a technical problem, overtaxing or ignorance.
At least a confirmation mail should be sent immediately.

(Avid-sales email response is a bit better:
You receive useless computer generated text bock answers within 24 hours)

Hello Bernhard, hello Schottlandru,

I have performed a search on our mail servers. Unfortunately none of your requests seem to have reached us.
@Schottlandru: I have found an old email from you including our reply, but on another topic.

If you didn’t receive our automated confirmation that we have received your support request then indeed we did not. It is emailed to you as soon as you submit your request in MySteinberg.

Sorry for this!
I have PMed both of you with further details.
Thanks!

Best,
Sebastian