Is there a quick way to invert automation? I have a plucking guitar track and i change the stereo panning in each pluck. I want to out the reverb on the opposing side by copying and inverting the automation. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
I can’t think of any quick way, but it is possible, by a method that is anything but quick! (probably not worth the effort, but, briefly)…
- Use the Range tool, to copy the automation down to a dummy MIDI track’s volume automation.
- Solo the MIDI track, set L and R Locators, then do MIDI menu>Merge MIDI in Loop.
This creates a new MIDI Part, with the volume automation now transformed into MIDI CC#7, inside the Part.
- Select the CC#7 data, then use the Logical Editor to Mirror Value 2 around a centre of 64.
- MIDI menu>Functions>Extract MIDI Automation.
This now re-converts the mirrored CC#7 data into Volume Automation on the MIDI track.
- Use the Range Tool again, to paste that mirrored Automation back to the desired track.
If there is a more efficient way, I’d love to lean it myself .
(and apologies for such a complicated reply to your very first post here )
Thanks, that’s faster than nothing and better than having the echo a little off every other note.