Invisible cursor when "video follows edit mode" is active.

Hi there,
when “video follows edit mode” is active the cursor is no longer visible. Its a bug? When working for video post and sound design this feature is a must, an invisible cursor is a bit inconvenient, isn’t it?

Thank you! So, its not a bug. In this case I hope the developers will setup this feature with a more visible cursor.

I agree, but know that it has been designed this way, and haven’t been changed for many years.

…and no one knows the advantages of this feature: “in edit mode you’ll not know where you’re”

Well I know it feels like that when you start, but I do not even think about it any more. At all.

Yeah, I was wondering about this as well. What is the advantage to having it this way? Other than users just simply accepting it, is there a reason behind this ‘bug’? :ugeek:

nah, i guess it´s just a fault design.
They just listen to some ppl telling them this would help… :unamused:
but actually, it is just wired and not usefull at all!
At least there could be an option to have the cursor visible

my cents…

When Edit mode was created (I am such an old fart that I remember this) it was decided by popular demand to not display the cursor.
Simply because a location cursor is useless at that point.
A black -smaller- cursor appears whenever you move an event to the place where it needs to be placed.
That is your (new) playhead
But most importantly, you don’t sync the event according to something or a place on the timeline, but you sync it with the video.

Edit mode wasn’t designed to work like that permanently, Edit mode was designed to be activated only when events needed to be placed in sync with video, thereby skipping the process of first locating to the right spot/placing the event at that point/verify. Not every SFX has it’s sync point at the first frame of the event, that’s why Edit Mode is meant to place SFX visually in the correct spot in the timeline. When siwtching between the two modes, you can work very quick. Edit Mode never was designed to be used permanently.

Edit Mode was “invented” by Steve Tushar, the Upper Priest of Basehead.

HTH.
Fredo

to work as quick and intuitive as possible, i never leave edit mode :wink:
So, might be the time to re-think a unfinished mode.

A simple option and all would be good… :slight_smile:
SB, pleases consider a more visual cursor!
PT, Studio One, Sonar, Digital Performer … no one else is doing it that way - so why should SB go that route?

my cents

One idea: change line colour when edit mode engaged and that’s all.

an invisible cursor is a bit inconvenient, isn’t it?

At least there could be an option to have the cursor visible

SB, pleases consider a more visual cursor!

One idea: change line colour when edit mode engaged and that’s all.

+1

Niek/ Amsterdam

+1

+1

Nuendo gets the basics wrong.