(iOS 14) KNOWN ISSUE: Cubasis 3 and Audio Unit plug-ins

Hi all,

Please have a look at the known issue below, reported by several users and confirmed by us.

Known issue
Cubasis 3.1.3 is terminated by iOS 14 if it is sent to the background with an Audio Unit’s UI open and the Background Audio setup option enabled.

Workaround
Close any Audio Unit UIs (effect rack, instrument rack) before switching to the home screen or another app.

Issue planned to be resolved in the next update.

Best wishes,
Lars

Also 96khz is unstable on ipados14. My old iphone se with ios 13 runs 96khz perfectly (using apogee mic plus) but my 2019 air with ipados14 (with less the 50% HD space used) cant record in 96k without severe stuttering even when no plugins or other tracks are present.

Feeling kind of cheated by Steinberg to be honest - if your marketing material says works with IOS (and it even says that on the box) but it doesn’t work with IOS (my UR22C on the new iPad Pro) then that is false advertising and I have invested in something that is currently not fit for purpose.

Hi @northernskymusic,

Thank you for your message.

Please note that you’ve replied to a forum topic dated September 2020.

Feeling kind of cheated by Steinberg to be honest - if your marketing material says works with IOS (and it even says that on the box) but it doesn’t work with IOS (my UR22C on the new iPad Pro) then that is false advertising and I have invested in something that is currently not fit for purpose.

Currently we are unaware of UR device related issues with Cubasis.

Please create a new topic and provide us with a detailed report regarding your UR22C issue, to allow us helping you with the problem.

P.S.: If you encounter issues using your UR22C device with iOS in general (not using Cubasis), please post the topic on the appropriate hardware forum.

Thanks!

Best wishes
& stay well,
Lars