IPad Air 4th Generation

Hi I was just wondering if anyone has a iPad Air 4th gen running Cubasis 3? I’m considering buying one. Currently running Cubasis on the iPhone 12 Pro

Did you get one ?
Don’t know if it’s Air 4 or ipadOS 14.4 related, or just Cubasis bugs, but I can’t really use Audio Engine Latency, at some point I start to get high MIDI latency.
Also, even if I had set latency to 5.3 ms / 10.7 ms, after reloading a project, Cubasis would change it to 5.3/21.3 or sometimes 5.3/42.7 … weird
Cubasis also crashes when it’s in the background for a while, Background Audio enabled or not.

Yes I’ve experienced some latency issues with Cubasis and my iPad Air 4 as well. I did not have this issue running on the iPhone 12 Pro. Hoping it’s a glitch and will be corrected with an update!

Hi @mkline,

Thanks for your message.

Please check out our available Multicore-rendering & Latency Settings article. If the problem persists, it might help to set the Hardware Latency Setting to OFF.

Please let me know if this helps!

The background issues is aimed to be resolved with the upcoming Cubasis 3.3 update.

Best wishes,
Lars

Thanks Lars,
When I have Harware Latency on and getting the higher latency, most of the time just clicking twice on Studio Quality setting would bring things back to normal.
But I got tired of it and finally I turned it off. No latency jump, and the DSP meter is around 40% with 50+ auv3 (20 synth, 30 fx and a couple of midi plugs), so it’s not a big issue, at least for now :slight_smile:

Hi @mkline,

But I got tired of it and finally I turned it off. No latency jump, and the DSP meter is around 40% with 50+ auv3 (20 synth, 30 fx and a couple of midi plugs), so it’s not a big issue, at least for now :slight_smile:

Thank you for your updated feedback! We’re glad to read that Turing Latency to OFF seems to have resolved the problem for you for now.

Enjoy making music
& stay well,
Lars