iPad Pro wont connect Cubasis LE 3 to UR22 Mkii

I’ve tried connecting by two different connectors including the ridiculously priced Apple camera connector but Cubasis won’t move past the demo. Power light is on the UR22 but it doesn’t seem to be recognised. Welcome screen says to connect by Bluetooth but the UR22 doesn’t have that function. Instructions on box say use Apple connector. Help please.

Hi @nigelchatfield2

Thank you for your message.

These are the steps to unlock Cubasis LE 3 from demo mode:

• Please launch Cubasis LE 3
  • Connect a supported hardware device

After a short moment, a message should appear that Cubasis LE has successfully unlocked Cubasis LE from demo mode.

Please double check, that the UR22mkII device is properly connected to the iPad, as described in the iPad setup example.

In addition, please make sure Cubasis has access to the mic, via these steps:

Starting Cubasis the very first time, a popup asking your permission to use the microphone appears, which has to be accepted.
If you tapped “no” by accident, please change the setting manually as follws:

• Please go to the iPad settings
  • There please go to Privacy / Microphone
  • Please make sure to enable Microphone use with Cubasis.

Please let me know if this helps to solve the problem.

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars

I have tried these steps multiple times with no success. I have checked everything many times. The UR22 power light is on. It’s also shown in audio settings under ‘Device Latency’ setting. It still wont go out of demo mode.

Any other suggestions please?

Many thanks

Regards

Nigel

Just to confirm. I’m using the 2020 ipad pro 12.9 with a genuine Apple adapter.

Thanks

Hi @nigelchatfield2,

Any other suggestions please?

Is the UR22mkII properly powered up via using an external power source?
Is the Power Source switch set accordingly?

If so, please give it a try to
(A) fully shot down the iPad
(B) re-install Cubasis LE

Please let me know if this helps.

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars

The power light is on. It’s an iPad Pro 2020. I understand that it’s powered by this iPad version. Is that not correct? It’s showing as a device

Regards

Nigel

Hi @nigelchatfield2,

Thank you for your message.

Please follow the exact instructions stated on the UR website and in the manual provided with the device:

An external power source such as a mobile battery or USB power adapter can be plugged into the micro USB input and supplies the UR22mkII with enough power to use more advanced equipment such as large diaphragm condenser microphones that require phantom power.

Important:
Alongside, please specificy if you own a UR22 or a UR22mkII, since the earlier UR22 does not provide iOS support!

Hope that helps.

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars

It’s the UR22 mkII. Not the ‘C’. I’ve reloaded Cubasis LE 3. I’ve tried everything in your previous email. When the 5v adapter is used to power the unit, there is no USB light on when connected to PC or ipad. Is that normal? I’ve checked all settings and switches are correct but it still wont go out of demo mode. It’s asking for a supported device via bluetooth, which this unit doesn’t have. Or does it?

Regards

Nigel

Hi @nigelchatfield2,

Thanks for your message.

Please create a short clip, which shows the UR device and all steps from launching Cubasis LE to connecting the app.

Please upload the clip via Dropbox or similar, and let me have the download link via PM.

Thanks
Lars