Irregular measure tempo marking

Hi everyone!

I’m trying to figure out a way to write a tempo marking for a piece written in 5/8. I’d like to write q._q = 100, since the eighth note goes at 500 (e=500), which is ridiculous, but I can’t figure out how to do it in Dorico. I’ve tried q._q = 100, q.+q = 100, 5e = 100, etc, but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Clàudia

Your best bet is probably to use System Text (Shift-Alt/Opt-X), copy and paste the relevant glyphs from https://w3c.github.io/smufl/gitbook/tables/metronome-marks.html, set them to “Music Text” from the dropdown in the top left corner of the text editing toolbar (or whatever it’s called!), and type the numbers, + and = using whatever font you use for Immediate Tempo Markings. Then figure out what the actual tempo is in eighths/quavers, add that as Tempo marking and hide from the properties panel.

A variation would be to use the Metrico font rather than copying and pasting Bravura glyphs. It’ll still need the same workaround of System Text plus separate hidden metronome mark.