Is ASUS Xonar DS 7.1's ASIO driver worth it?

Hello! Simple questions first:
Is ASUS Xonar DS 7.1’s ASIO driver worth it in windows 7 x64?
Do they crash?
Do they allow me to work inside Cubase using their ASIO driver while at the same time recieve audio notifications from Windows and Skype?

It is impossible for me to add too much cables to this computer mostly because it is not mine, except for something simple like an ASUS Xonar, for which I could ask permision. I have my personal studio setup just not here, so I’m just looking for a very simple ASIO output. Money is not the problem here, it’s the drivers.

Background Story about my use of known drivers.
Long ago when I started using Cubase I used to have Creative sound cards with minimal ASIO functionality in the official Creative ASIO drivers, they did the job correctly. They allowed me to use Cubase with (decent) low latency while at the same time let windows make notifications and run skype while I was editing massive amounts of sequenced midi notes.
Back to the present, I’m getting rid of this Creative X-Fi stuff all because of the drivers. They crash my computer constantly and Creative provides NO support.
I’ve also noticed that the Steinberg’s ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Driver hasn’t changed much and while it lets me work as I used to, the latency (so as not to make glitches) is huge. (Has this ever been updated?)
Also, ASIO4ALL 2.10 only allows me to use either Cubase or Windows sounds. This happens with Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver too, which is the only one that has provided decent use, BUT both of these crash any other application trying to access the System Default audio output used by Windows 7.