Is Cubase 6 native 64bit?

Hi Everyone,

…so, that’s my question…sorry if it’s a dumb one…

jack

It runs either/or 32 bit or 64 bit, depending on word-width of the host OS, Windows or Mac. Because it talks directly to audio drivers, you can’t run in 32 bit mode on a 64 bit OS and vice versa.

Thanks Dave.

I guess my actual concern was whether I there was an upgrade path from 32b C5 > 64b C4, but I see that’s a given.

Thanks again!

jack

Because it talks directly to audio drivers, you can’t run in 32 bit mode on a 64 bit OS and vice versa.

Is this something different from running the 32bit Cubase on 64 bit o/s as this works fine??

Hmmm … my 32bit C6 is running just fine on Win7 x64.

I think what is meant is that hardware drivers for your audio interface have to match the OS … but Win 7 x64 with x64 audio drivers for your hardware will run a 32bit app perfectly well.

Como

DOH! I stand corrected - it would appear that the limitation I mentioned Is a Mac only thing… Sorry for any confusion :slight_smile:

No, its not a mac limitation

Cubase will start as 32-bit application by default. If you want to start Cubase as 64-bit version, select the Cubase application icon and then choose “Get Info” from the context menu. In the Get Info window un-check “Open in 32-bit mode”. By using Cubase in 64-bit mode, the following features are not available

Aloha Dave,

Not to hi-jack this thread but I noticed from your sig
that you are using the Yamaha 01x and i88*3 stuff with your rig.

Are the drivers etc all working out fine for you?
Have they been up-dated for 64 bit etc?

TIA
{‘-’}

Hi curteye

I have everything running on Cubase 6, OS X 10.6.6, except only 32bit. Alas, it seems there will never be a 64bit mLan driver for the 01x and i88x, and this has really been on my mind a lot lately. I’m thinking that since I’ve got 32x28 analog io and 24x24 adat IO with this rig, and it can run standalone, I’ll probably keep it and hook it up to whatever interface I upgrade to.
Right now I’m thinking of the RME UFX. One interesting thing about this unit is that I could still use the 01x as a Mackie Controller for the UFX’s IO aswell as for the DAW, but I’m kind of jonesing for a Euphonix MC Mix and Control rig. Also, if you look at the video demos of TotalMix FX, it’s a lot like the 01x’s StudioManager plugins, but a little more streamlined.

It really bums me out that Yamaha dropped the ball on mLan. I really thought it mLan last a lot longer, since they outfitted the bigger boards like the 02R96, DM1000 and DM2000 with mLan, as well as the Motif keyboard series. I’ll probably never buy any Yamaha audio gear again.

How’s your 01x rig doing it for you these days?
Dave