Is fast switching left / right / stereo possible?

I often have to listen to the left and right channels separately because we are dealing with digitized tapes. Sometimes there is different music on the left and right or the right track runs backwards. Sometimes the left or right channel also has different heights, which is why you have to adjust and hear them separately.
I don’t want to do this with the pan control or with complicated actions. Apparently there is no cheap hardware controller for this either. I’m not talking about mono - I would like to alternately hear only the left or right channel.
At the moment I test NugenAudio SigMod to do this.

Is fast switching left / right / stereo possible with Nuendo’s built-in functions?

Two easy native options come to mind:

In the Control Room you can solo speaker channels:

Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 9.28.09 AM

And in DOP there is an option for Stereo Flip that actually has a left Left to Stereo and Right to Stereo function that would accomplish this. You could apply and then delete or disable afterwards. Downside is you have to apply to event, not sure it exists as a track effect (may, just haven’t looked).

Save as preset, so it’s a single click in DOP

But the control room is your friend. There are also preset for speaker groups like SR rear. I always use that a lot during final QC.

And of course a good speaker controller or audio interface would have the same controls as well. The Apollo X8 has very similar speaker channel controls as the Nuendo CR.

Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 9.34.20 AM

Wow, Thank you - I would never have figured that out.
And you can even put the left and right speakers on shortcuts.
That was exactly what I was looking for.

The function in the DOP was known to me. But I didn’t know how to listen to left or right it quickly.
Thank you

I have CR channel with a free toolbox plug-in

inserted with stereo reversed. Then just switch from monitor A-B (or whichever). Using Key Command. Very simple.

1 Like

+1 for TrackControl - I use it all the time