Is it even worth installing the C12 Update?

So Cubase 12 is like a virus now. Haha. That’s your best one yet. :grinning::grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

Some brief intial thoughts on the C12 upgrade …

Floorless software installation from the updated Download Manager - no problems there. (I’ll leave all the DAC and SAC stuff alone as that has been covered in depth elsewhere in the forum).

No issues with opening and closing C11 projects, or with clean start and close of the application. No problems starting an empty project, no problems to report with the QCon ProX mixer or Maschine Mk3 controllers. I presume the Komplete Kontrol Mk2 61 won’t be an issue.

C12 does feel a little snappier, so I ran a test on a 37 track project that has a lot of reverb and delays splashing around, including the CPU-intensive Waves Abbey Road plugs.

With one track rendered, it just about plays at 1024 samples on C11, but any interaction with Cubase sees playback degenerate into crackles and hics. This is how the performance meter looks in C11:

Performance C11

Running under C12 this is the story:

Performance C12

Impressive, huh?

Loading the project takes 38 seconds with either version.

I do have one issue (of course!) it seems that the upgrade has dispensed with the vst2 version of Retrologue, so that won’t now run from within Maschine 2. I’ll start a new thread about that one.

So, in answer to my own question … yes, definitely worth installing the upgrade.

This is on a Dell Optiplex 9020 SFF i7-4770 3.40GHz 32GB. Windows 10 and Komplete Audio 6

1 Like

I’ve read of a few other posters with the same problem (C11 functionality becoming adversely affected when C12 is installed). Waiting to see if those posts are absent from the new update released 04/13/2022 before I upgrade (especially since i have an old machine).

@Ted_Perlman2 , what kind of computer/specs do you have?

I got the impression the issues were experienced was on newer/larger core CPUs?

The release notes didn’t highlight which hardware/combinations were causing the issue - that would’ve been quite helpful really.

Hi,

It’s worth to mention, Cubase 12.0.10 is out.

1 Like

@Martin.Jirsak Yes, that’s good news. Let’s see what the feedback is on this one.