Is it possible that C7 sounds better than C6?

I was just working on a C6 project and for a lark, I copied the project and opened it in C7. I could not believe my ears. The song seemed more balanced tonally, I could hear my mix moves better, and the high end did not seem as harsh.

I am using arc2. In C6 I have it on the master fader. In C7, I put it on the main speaker configuration. That and asio guard are the only differences I know of.

I thought C6 and C7 used basically the same audio engine so I didn’t think there would be a difference. I switched back and forth several times and C7 really does seem better. I have to go to bed now but tomorrow or Saturday I’m going to export to 2 track from both cubases and see if I can hear a difference outside the environment.

So what do you think? Is this all in my head or is it real? I really was not expecting or looking for this.

several ppl have said there is a difference and C7 sounds better.

others then say “youre dreaming rendered waves null out…no difference The End”.

try to disable control room and get back to us…

in your head.

(also buffer size and pan law can affect [realtime] playback so may wanna check that. other than that-- close your eyes when mixing / evaluating. even the screen contrast can make you dream things.)

Mine even smells better :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing:

mine tastes better lick flat screen
:laughing:

Aloha guys,

On:
Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:58 pm

I wondered the same question.

Does C7 now ‘sound’ better than C6/5/4?

Find that thread and info here:

HTH (hope this helps)
{‘-’}

Yes!
Cubase 7 sounds better than C5/6.
:sunglasses:
Solution…

“The channel EQ in Nuendo 6 and Cubase 7 has been newly developed and is technically not the same EQ as in previous versions anymore. We have taken care to make sure that EQ settings saved in projects of previous versions are correctly translated to the new EQ to retain the same perceived sound as best as possible.”

more…
https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/free_articles/kb_show/compatibility-and-interchangeability-of-project-files.html

:bulb:

regards,
Cent.

Is this your other profile Mr.Helge Vogt?

Thank you all for the responses. And BTW… I was not looking for an improvement. I bought SX3 when it first came out and have been using and upgrading Cubase ever since. I was so surprised when I noticed a difference that I had to ask you all about it.

But as many of you have pointed out, a lot can affect our audio perception. Maybe I’ll perform a little more testing this weekend but this is not really a problem, just a curiosity. I’d rather make music.

And NOoooo… I’m not Helge! (not that there’s anything wrong with that) :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: