Is it possible to customize individual fingering font color?

Hello,

Is there a way to customize individual fingering font color?
If not, will it be implemented soon. I am currently using Dorico 4.2.0.
Thanks.

Best,
Paul

No, Paul, I’m afraid this is not currently possible. Can you tell us a bit more about your requirements?

Thank you so much for your reply, Daniel.

For string instruments, often I will use color codes for different positions (for education/practice purpose). At the moment, to customize the colors, I can only use the Text tool but I am hoping I could do it with fingering text evenutally.

Thanks, Paul. I will make a note of this and we’ll look into it when we get a chance.

Thank you very much!

While on the subject of fingering, I encountered a bug in the latest version 4.2.0. When there is a “scoop” on the note, the default location of the fingering text is incorrect.

When I moved it and reset the location, it will be displayed momentarily but eventually returned to the incorrect position, as highlighted in the attached image.

Hi Daniel,

And just now, I remember why using the Text tool for fingering is extremely inconvenient, because stave spacing would often jump and I need to go back and forth to adjust the stave spacing. Using your designed fingering, the process is a lot more user-friendly.

Text items can be set (in the properties panel) to not Avoid Collisions (turn the property on and leave the tickbox unticked). Alternatively you can set this globally for all text items at Engraving Options > Text - I’m not in front of it but the option is called “Use Default Positions”.

Thank you so much for the useful tip!!