Is it possible to use multiple midi controllers/remotes from the same company? Korg NanoKONTROL2?

I am trying to hook up midicontrollers/remotes for my mixers. Nuendo has no problems if I use a Behringer BCF2000 as a midi controller and a Korg nanoKONTROL2 as another controller, but if I hook up a second Korg nanoKONTROL2, it freaks out. I would love to have instant control of all my tracks on the fly as opposed to having to track over with an 8 channel a bunch of times to get to channel 40 or whatever. So is there a way to tell Nuendo to recognize two or more controllers from the same company?

If so, what is the maximum number (if any)?

In the ads for the Korg nanoKONTROL2, they showed a guy using three of them, but I have no clue what DAW he was using. Ideas?

Running Nuendo 12 on Windows 10

I have to admit that I don’t know much about the Nano-controllers, but assuming that they use some kind of MIDI connection there would be 16 MIDI channels per MIDI port to differentiate between them.

… at least that’s how it would have been back in the old days! ;-D

Thanks for the quick reply.

So you think i could potentially hook up 16 mixers to it? That would be cool.

The nanoKonttol2 hooks up to the computer via usb rather than a midi cable but i think its still sending midi information over the usb. Does this have the same benefits/limitations or do they create different universes or something?

When using the Midi Controller Editor at the bottom of the screen on Nuendo, it populates the midi port choices automatically, naming them after whatever is plugged in it seems unlike physical midi ports. It seems to see only one nanoKontrol2 port instead of 2. Is there a way to force it to make more usb midi ports?

Thanks in advance for your ideas

BTW, anyone trying to use the NanoKONTROL2 on a PC with Nuendo - the latest driver for NanoKONTROL2 won’t work. Nuendo doesn’t recognize the device at all. I had to roll back to an earlier version.

So the problem - or one of the problems anyway - appears to have been that Windows 10 won’t look at midi controllers if they are found 11th or after. So you have to go into the registry and make sure they are found first. I don’t know how this affects other things. But here’s how you rewrite the registry so at least Nuendo sees them.

Ah well, that worked for 5 minutes. Then it stopped.