Is it safe to update to Big Sur and Dorico 3.5.12?

I have been holding off updating to Big Sur and Dorico 3.5.12 because of a large Dorico project with a tight deadline. Now I would have a possibility to update both, but I am wondering is it yet safe to do so?

Besides Dorico, here is a list of the most important plugins I am using:

Kontakt 6
Valhalla vintageverb
BBC Symphony orchestra
Spitfire LABS
Stream Deck

My computer is 16-inch MacBook Pro 2019 (Intel core i9) and my monitor is LG ultrafine 5K.
Current operating system is Mac OS Catalina and audio interface is Motu M4.

I can’t comment about things beyond Dorico itself, but Dorico 3.5.12 works fine on Big Sur.

Maybe you could get an external SSD drive (they are not that awful expensive any more these days) and set it up for double boot, so you could safely try it out.

A very wise policy to follow!
Applause of the day. :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for the tip, I will look into that!

I have a time machine backup, so it should also be possible to restore Catalina if there are problems with Big Sur. But the backup is very big, 900 Gb, so that would probably be a very slow process.

I already updated to Dorico 3.5.12 and can confirm that it works also on Catalina and my files open without problem.