is Steinberg partnered with Yamaha now?

Sorry guys, I accidentally tipped him off (3 days before he posted this) in my other thread when I said:

I hope you all can forgive me for sharing our secret information with him :laughing:

And your response phlange is?

Don’t tell me they’ve banned him too!!! :open_mouth:

I don’t hope that comment reflect your general insight and credibility concerning this matter :unamused:

I kind of wish they had got into bed with roland-I suppose we all have a our likes and dislikes when it come to manufactures but for me it would have been great to see a retro selection of the JV series… oh for a VST JVC 1080 !

you could always jump ship to cakewalk as Roland took them over a few years back… just keep your eyes on ebay for a JV if you’re after one… they go for about £150 GBP and come up pretty often… one of the best £150 i’ve ever spent actually… no way i would get rid of mine :smiley:

I think that was the intent, actually, given that Yamaha had had some stumbles in that area. It’s a bit of a simplification, but the Japanese are experts at producing high quality products at a reasonable cost, an the Germans are software engineering masters. I think the collaboration has been great

Yes! And don’t put a measly 2 preamps in it, give us at least 8, and make them quality (preferably in partnership with somebody) – we don’t need SSL or Audient expensive stuff, but we don’t want pro-sumer crap either

Well, I think it precisely the mLan debacle that motivated Yamaha to hook up with Steinberg (and of course the general bebefits of consolidation in many industries these days). MLan was an innovative concept, but it had very dodgy functionality/relaibility