is Steinberg's Vocoder still available ?

Hi.
just opened a 10 year old project and it reminded me that cubase used to have a Vocoder,is it still available to download as 64 bit Vst ?
i had some harmonies going on with midi( keyboard) triggering on that old project, although i re-created the harmonies now with vari-audio cuz i dont have the vocoder, it was nice useful and quick to have some artificial vocal harmonies
if not available is there any free decent vocoder triggered by midi ?

Hi,

If I’m right, you can get it at ftp.steinberg.net/Download/Legacy_Additional_Content/Additional%20Cubase%20SX%20Plugins/

Hi,
download it but cubase blacklist it ,cuz its a 32bit, thanks anyway.
not a must have for me,but would be nice to have it(and any other old steinberg plugin) with 64 bit for old projects compatibility

Hi,

I was hoping, there is a 64bit version too. Sorry.

this is a free vocoder that you could try:

other vocoders that cost money are Vocalsynth 2 and then there is Waves Morphoder which is often on sale for $29

I guess even the best companies have abandonware.

It’d be nice if they updated some of the older stuff to 64 bit.

Some of the functions of a vocoder can be produced using the Pitch Correction plugin. See:

Also you can check this out. It’s great solution to use a vocoder in Cubase with any synth at no extra cost.

Hi, am experiencing the very same thing…
Would be nice to at least be able to jBridge old Steinberg plugs.

Your link is EMPTY - purpose? I was looking exactly for that plugin too…

I chased down the link(s). I have not tried the vocoder itself since I need to dig up my copy of Jbridge.
You will need an FTP client since most browsers no longer support FTP downloads. For MAC users only the Power PC version is provided and it is a folder not just a single file.
For PC :“//ftp.steinberg.de/Download/Legacy_Additional_Content/Additional%20Cubase%20SX%20Plugins/PC/Vocoder/Vocoder.dll”.
For MAC: “//ftp.steinberg.de/Download/Legacy_Additional_Content/Additional%20Cubase%20SX%20Plugins/Mac/PPC%20only/Others/vocoder.vst/”.