Is there a fullscreen option?

Is fullscreen finally implemented or Cubase devteam is still resisting for whatever strange reason? Thanks.

1 Like

There’s none that I know of.

I used to have my own AutoHotkey script to full screen any application including Cubase, but I stopped bothering with that once I had a higher resolution screen.

Thanks for reply. I guess you are saying there is STILL no such option in Cubase Pro 9. Pretty disappointing. Like I said before I can’t understand why this would be so hard to implement? For me this is important because it helps me to concentrate better on my workflow. Some people I’m sure would find this strange, yeah, I know )) However, it is what it is for me.

You can’t really expect the program to include any odd feature you can think off, especially if you think it wouldn’t be of much use to others.

If you’re on Windows, all I can recommend is to make your task bar auto-hide so Cubase is essentially full screen.

Agreed and because of this I’ll stick with Ableton :wink: I use Mac though.

1 Like

And that’s why I’ll stick with Windows. ;p

⌥ ⌘ D will hide the Mac OSX Dock.
It does reappear when hovering at the bottom of the screen, then disappears when mousing away from the bottom.

I use this all the time with the Cubase window maximized.

Then there isn’t really a problem here, is there…?

You are absolutely correct.

Cheers.

With all due respect I would disagree. Hiding Mac OSX dock is definitely making Cubase interface more appealing but… there is always a potential destruction such as email, notifications, etc… Besides, I really enjoy looking at the fullscreen for my DAW.
Anyway, this is kind of endless conversation and of course I can deal with the way Cubase works but having experience with some other DAWs where fullscreen is a very common thing I was hoping ver.9 would finally include it too. Oh, well…

I mean, I get that. That’s why for I wrote that script to full screen any application. I’d share it if you were on Windows too.

Dorico has a pretty awesome full screen option!

In Windows and with a 3 monitor setup, it would be nice for the app to cover all monitors, I don’t mind the task bar, but would like not to see the windows desktop when working with Cubase.

Hhaha and thats still the case in 2022 with Cubase 12. How could one miss such an essential feature?

Back to Ableton, where i can press F11 and no longer see anything besides Live.

Well done Steinberg.

This is one of the mistery that make me crazy, in 2022 probably Cubase is the only application without full screen mode.
There is a lot of useful space lost with upper menu and bar and the lower doc. Why?!!
Dont’t understand the reason of this.
Once the license key is gone, with Cubase 12 the notebooks could benefit also with the full screen mode.
Come on Steinberg, forgive that old floating windows.

Don’t want to step on any ones toes, but I love Studio One’s full screen option. It’s saddening to see Cubase 12 stuck with the old, tired GUI. Some of newer plugins show improvement, but the main app feels still very clumsy and uninviting.

You can set Windows dock at the bottom to hide automatically (right click → settings → 2nd option from the top), so that’s helpful at least. The upper menu bar of Cubase is much narrower than in other apps, so that’s not a huge issue either.

I know all workaround and is what I do today on Mac with the autohide the doc, but this can’t be the rule.
Anyway is a workaround that does not have the beauty of a native full screen that we use to appreciate in other apps. The upper menu and the window bar earn space on the display, does not offer a polished visual and are less useful on the notebook/MacBook. Workaround are the way to go today but the useful function of a full screen mode activated by pressing the green button (or a key command) is a standard on every professional app, Dorico included.

point of view :wink:

Thanks for your reply, have a good music day

Blimey! Turn off notifications. Turn off your wifi if need be. I absolutely refuse all notifications when working on music. Can’t expect to work in peace otherwise.