Is there a tool to diagnose Cubase Crash dump files

I’ve been have a lot of crashes on 7.5. Random crashes and hangs on simple projects and large project laden down with lots of 3rd party plugins. However its impossible to track down as it stands. Can someone from Tech Support or other point me in the right direction for a tool to read the .dmp that Cubase creates on crashes to see whether theres any information within it to say whether its cubase, a driver or a plugin thats crashing?

thanks

Martin

If you submit a support request to Steinberg (not a forum post) via MySteinberg and tell them you have dump files they will typically ask you to send them to support for analysis. But first you need to submit an official support request.

.dmp files are meant to be analyzed with Microsoft’s WinDbg (Included in the “Debugging tools for Windows” download), but I doubt it will be useful to you - unless you’re an experienced Windows programmer.

Good luck!
Kris.

There are options on Windows (WhoCrashed for instance) which attempt to make the info useful to the non programmer…But as the OP is running on Mac this isn’t going to be much help either.

Hi Mart,

As raino wrote, please send the files to our support using the support request form inside MySteinberg.

Thanks guy

I submitted my dumps to Steinberg and Oskar got back to me.

I’m on a Mac but I’m bootcamped to Windows 7 64 bit. I dont know how people run Cubase on OSX without Direct Monitoring.

I downloaded windows sdk and opened cubase crash dmp file. I only see whats below. Is there a way to get more info?

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.14321.1024 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PWoehl\Documents\Steinberg\CrashDumps\Cubase 9.0.1.113 64bit 2017.2.1 13.18.dmp]
User Mini Dump File: Only registers, stack and portions of memory are available

Symbol search path is: srv*
Executable search path is:
Windows 10 Version 14393 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: SingleUserTS
Built by: 10.0.14393.206 (rs1_release.160915-0644)
Machine Name:
Debug session time: Wed Feb 1 13:18:29.000 2017 (UTC - 8:00)
System Uptime: not available
Process Uptime: 0 days 0:05:55.000

This dump file has an exception of interest stored in it.
The stored exception information can be accessed via .ecxr.
(1390.17b0): Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)
ntdll!NtGetContextThread+0x14:
00007ffa`ecab7d84 c3 ret