Is there a way to automatically insert a plugin for a track?

Hi folks,

Can’t seem to find an answer to this. I’m using Cubase 5, and I spend a lot of time inserting my standard plugins I seem to use on every track, like the Cambridge EQ or the Slate’s VCC. Can you tell me if there is a way to write a macro to do this automatically? Any ideas (key shortcuts)? Any help would be most appreciated. :sunglasses:

I think the only way to achieve this (at least for instruments) is during the track (instrument) creation process.

At least for MIDI & the rack I do not see a way at present unfortunately.

As for inserts, maybe you can check the Generic Remote page in order to see if a method has been defined, or alternatively check Key Commands in the File Menu.

You could define a folder called common presets and use the save and load mixer settings, using the channel save/load.

Save a stereo, mono and group channel with your common inserts and then you can just apply them to the relevant channels as appropriate.

This can be applied at any point and it will not interfere with the track itself.

you might achieve this by creating a template.

+1

I work with 3 different templates which allows me to choose one and have everything as I need it for that particular project. Open project and go.