Is There a Way To Do This in Cubase?

Confirm. I am encountering the same exact problem.
I am able to monitor and record with zero latency using the Apogee Symphony Control software and Cubase. But I cannot add a ghost reverb to the track while recording.
Instead in Pro Tools it is completely possible, I did it and it works well. Maybe I am missing something but In Cubase I can’t figure out how to create a new Aux track (so called Fx channel or Group channel) and choose its Input.

Hi and welcome,

Can you see the Input in the Studio > Audio Connections > Inputs by any chance?

Hello Martin, thanks for your reply.
Yes, I can see all of my Inputs, including the Apogee FX Send L-R. Those are the inputs created by my Apogee Audio Interface for routing the ghost reverb to the Zero latency Mixer.
What I need is to create a Stereo Aux Track (so I guess either an Fx Channel or a Group Channel in Cubase will be ok), with those Apogee FX Send L-R as Inputs and No Outputs selected. Is it possible to do that?
Then this newly created Cubase FX Channel should have a send routed to another Fx Channel which has a Reverb in Insert.

Hi,

If you want to select an Audio Input, you need to add an Audio Track, not FX Channel.

Thank you Martin, actually I am aware of that.
But an Audio track is not what is needed for the Apogee zero latency routing with a ghost fx. An Aux track is needed, but unfortunately it seems that in Cubase it is not possible to select a specific Audio input for It.
Thanks anyway for your help!

Hi,

You cannot select an Input for the FX Channel.

I was thinking about it once again and I would try this.

• Add 2 Audio tracks.
  • Audio 01 is your recording track. Select your common Input. Enable Record but don’t enable Monitor.
  • Audio 02 is your monitor track. Select the FX Input. Don’t enable Record (only if you would record the signal with the Reverb already) and enable Monitor.
  • Hit Record.

You would hear yourself over the Audio 02 track, which is plug-in free (so no latency here), but it’s using the hardware FX. And you would record the dry signal to Audio 01.

Does it work?

Yes! It works perfectly! The Audio 02 track with the Apogee FX Send Inputs must be set to No Output. And the good thing is that the Fx (ghost reverb) is not an hardware reverb, it’s the same reverb plugin instantiated on Audio 01 with its Fx Channel.
Thank you very much Martin! :smiley:

Hi,

I’m glad it works. And thank you for sharing the screenshot.